1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Favorite yarn for knitting would be Rowan. Favorite Sock yarn would be Lang Jawoll (either cotton or wool). Fibers I do not like? I guess like everyone else would be acrylic! LOL
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Straights are stored in a large tin, circulars are stored in their packages (Addies or HiyaHiya) and I also have the set of Denise's circulars
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since January of 2006. My level is intermediate or beginning advanced! LOL. I have a strong craft, needlework and crocheting background, so I picked up knitting pretty easily.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, but I will say I do not have any Stephanie books, elizabeth zimmerman or *itching Nation books. Actually, I only have 3 knitting books that I use for reference. LOL
5. What's your favorite scent? Vanilla
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Anything Chocolate
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I knit, sew, embroider (by hand and machine), cross stitch, ummmm....and No I do not spin or weave and really have no interest. I love watching people do it, but it's not something I have ever been interested in.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Music: favorites would be REO speedwagon, MEATLOAF and Prince
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Reds, blues are my favs. Neon is not me.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married for almost 29 years, have 2 grown children, and 1 runt black cocker spaniel.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Any and all. And if anyone sees a patterns for the scarf/hat all in one I would love one of those. Not sure what it is called, but it's like a scarf but has a "back" to it so you can wear it on your head? LOL
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? SOCKS and dishclothes! But right now, baby stuff.
13. What are you knitting right now? Baby blanket, sweater, booties, etc. Expecting my first grandchild!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, my LYS winds everything into cakes for me!
17. How old is your oldest UFO? My first sweater from Jan. of 07. I can't follow the right side directions and put it up. Haven't looked at it in that long either. The whole sweater is done, back, sleeves, and left side.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Most probably 4th of July. Love the whole red/white/blue thing.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Piebirds
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I do not have any books, besides 3 reference books and I do not have any magazine subscriptions. Boring I know! LOL
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Need to get up the "gumption" to try enterlac.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes I am. Love socks and actually got "stuck on them" from Oct to April. LOL I wear a women's 8-1/2 shoe, with 8-1/2 circumference and a 9" overall length. Pretty much normal.
23. When is your birthday? In May and yes I am a true Gemini! :)
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? No I am not. Still not really sure what it is although I have read the site! LOL
Don't be Afraid...............
1 week ago