Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange

How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom? I have crocheted for over 20 years. I have only been knitting for less than 2 years. I started in January 2006. I learned to knit at my LYS.

What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting? My first felted object was a purse for my daughter. I wanted something to match her red wool coat she wanted last Christmas.

What are your favorite colors? Any you hate? Pretty much love all colors but neon.

What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Any and all.

Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!) Most probably plain. I'm not a bling type person.

What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting? What I would call a regular handbag, overthe shoulder type. I always carry a separate bag for knitting, except I do carry a sock in my purse. LOL

What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Sweaters, socks, dishcloths.

What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum) Actually I use them all, depending on what I am working on.

What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make? I have the pattern and the yarn for the felted clogs, but haven't started them yet.

What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with? I haven't work with Noro yarn yet.

What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden? I do not spin, but I do sew and garden, and read.

Besides yarn, do you collect anything? Piebirds.

What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to? Chocolate and more chocolate

Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) 2 grown at boy 25, girl 23, 1 dog and one grandkid on the way!

What kind of project best personifies you and why? I am doing the Sample Stitch Kimono, this keeps me interested in a long-term project. As I tend to hop or push getting something done before I lose interest.

What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer! I love the change of colors on the trees and the cooler temperatures.

Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery. I would quit work, and volunteer at a shelter or something along those lines, buy a maybach and buy a house near or on the beach.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Piebirds seems like such a happy collection!