1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground? Dunkin donuts – regular - ground
2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? Regular roast, nothing too strong
3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? Dunkin donuts if I can find it, otherwise Folders
4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? Both
5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers? No, I do not like flavored coffee….I will drink a mocha frap occasionally
6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? Definitely a mug
7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! Sitting outside in the early morning hours, watching the sky lighten, listen to the birds chirping, drinking my first sip!
8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? Blueberry muffin or coffee cake (Drakes)
1. Do you knit or crochet? Both
2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? Cotton, wool blends
3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? A big wool bag to be felted and socks
4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash? I seem to tend towards reds/blues and lately greens. I know I don’t have any neon in there and hopefully never do :)
5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest? I like my knit-picks, denise, addies, hiya-hiyas. I don’t like wooden circulars or Plymouth needles (don’t like the ridge)
6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? I can’t think of any notions I do need!
7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? The sock yarn!
1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? Well it was, but then we got a cold front so it’s been in the low 30’s and upper 60’s
2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one? Daffodils or tulips
3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? Working in my gardens before it gets too hot.
4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? Working in the yard in the morning and then just sitting outside in the afternoon
5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up? I love the rain occasionally, especially on a weekend as I love to open the blinds wide, watch the rain come down, and knit or read
Odds n Ends
1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? Piebirds
2. Are you allergic to anything? Dust/Work? LOL
3. Do you have pets? Yes, 1 dog
4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? I guess I would be considered a pro. The hot cocoa swap and the defeat the winter doldrums swap
5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them: These are listed on my blog for addresses.
Luvs2knit: Love seeing what she is knitting (which is phenomenal), watching the kiddies grow and her life.
WishingIwasknitting: Wow, I feel like I know her very well. Her baby knitting and dishcloth knitting is wonderful and love getting recipes, and reading about her family life.
14wheelerknitting: Traveling on the road with her hubby and son. Seeing the different areas they travel too, pictures, etc.
Conestoga Trendsetters ROCK......
3 months ago