Tuesday, October 9, 2007


Finished a pair of socks for a woman at my husband's work for her birthday. He asked me to make her a pair as EVERY Monday, she asks does he have a new pair on. She is always interested in seeing the new pair I finished for him. I don't think she realizes how long it takes to knit a pair when you have other projects! LOL Anyways, I started these on size 3 needles with 60 stitches, got all the way to the foot and realized they were way to big....to the frog pond they went. I ended up doing them on size 5 needles with 44 stitches and the fit is a lot better. The yarn is ONLINE.

Finished the Monkey socks for my Monkey Sock Swap. The yarn is Luna Moon. I have to say I love the way they came out, just not really sure if I like how busy they are for the pattern. I hope my swap partner likes them. I have one more project to finish for the box and then I can mail them off. My goal is by this weekend since they have a long way to go.





This is the lastest pair of socks I am working on for hubby. It is a new yarn I have never used before, but they feel so soft I'm hoping he will really like them, since I bought ohhh maybe 5 differant colors in this yarn. The yarn is OnLine Supersocke 100 in the color Sierra






I finished knitting the bag for the Fall Felted Bag Exchange, and now I just have to get it felted. Since I have never felted before, I am taking it to my LYS to have them do it. I'm hoping I can be off to see how it is done. The yarn is Cascade 220 in a hunter green.






Since I'm getting the first bag felted, I went ahead and made another one. This one is for my sister and I'm almost done with the bag part. I'm about an inch from the start of the straps.






In between, I am still working on the surprise for the new baby, a sweater for me (which I have frogged 3 times) and I really need to start on the sweater for hubby. Not sure if I will get it done in time for Christmas as I keep joining swaps (really need to stay off the internet---NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! LOL)

Happy Knitting

No comments: