Monday, April 30, 2007

Going Nowhere Fast?

I think I have too many projects going at one time. I feel like I am going no where fast. Actually I've done a lot of knitting, but only have one finished object. Daughter went to Hobby Lobby and I asked her to get me some S&C, blue, green, and yellow. Of course, she brought home an extra skein. She got herself a skein of pink new twists. Hmmm....I think.... is she going to knit or crochet...Nope, it was Mom, please another dish cloth. She hasn't even used the ones I have knit for her. She calls them her "pretties". So in a couple of hours I finished a seed stitch window cloth.

In the mean time, I've started more socks:



Regular 2x2 ribbing with short row heel. Using Trampoline Stretch by Skacel. It looks like tiger-eyes and hubby is going to love these socks









Then I am on the foot part of this sock. It is made with 1x1 ribbing and then the columbine pattern repeat. Pattern is from Socks soar on 2 circular needles. The yarn is one of my favorites of SWTC Tofutsies (commonly called the "shrimp yarn")




And another cable sweater:


I also started another cable sweater for my daughter. This is the back of it. I am using Kosmos with a Queensland Collection Soft Comfort Mohair. It is so soft and nice. I think she will enjoy wearing it. I just have to make it longer than mine as I like waste-length and she likes hip length.












Ahhh this is just for me:

Sample Stitch Kimono

This is strip one of the sample stitch kimono. I am really behind on this one. The KAL started in January and you get 2-3 stitches a month to choose from. It is going to be beautiful when it is done, but I had decided just to do my swatches for a couple of months before I decided what stitches to use in the sweater. There are 12 months to the KAL and 12 stitches are used in the pattern. Therefore you get about 24-36 stitches for the year and you use 12 of them It's a cool idea and thank Gwen for producing it for us. I am using Louise Harding Kashmir DK for mine. It's a rosy-lavender color. Due to the patterns, the swatches appear to be very important as I am using size 7, 8, and 9's for my gauges. I don't understand that exactly but I think it has to do with the stitches used and the sequence.


Hmmm....I think that is it, but it's enough for me. Happy knitting all.

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Oh boy do you have a lot of WIPs...lol. Normally I do too. :~)

Unknown said...

You have a general color theme going on...except for the animal print that is...very fun yarn!