Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tofutsies Sock Yarn Part II

The only comment I can make about this yarn is I use a size 2 needle with 68-72 stitches or size 3 with 60 stitches. I have knitted socks with the size 3 and they are a little looser but still stay up, but on a size 2 needle they are just beautiful. I love how they wash (throw them in the washer). It says you can throw them in the dryer, but I hang all my hand-knits up to dry, so I just add these up there too. At my LYS, one of the women said they didn't like this yarn....of course, they use size 0 and size 1 to knit socks, and they had "splitting" of the yarn. I haven't seen that at all, but again, I use a bigger needle. On some blogs, people really do not like this yarn. I would love to say to them, any extra? please send my way! I will gladly trade from my stash! So for those of you thinking about using this yarn, I say Go For It! I really do love it and NO I have NO affiliation with the manufacturer! LOL Happy knitting all.

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

I've found that when most people have problems with yarn splitting it's because they are using really blunt needles. If I use my Brittney's I will normally split most yarns. :~) There's normally a good reason for a prob, I think some people don't bother with trying to find a solution. :~)