Wahooo....going to do a new swap. It is the Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Swap. The sign up starts From September 1 - 8. I think I am right in the middle of this one! :) I loveeeee dishcloths.
1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? I do both. I have crocheted for over 20 years, but have only been knitting about 18 months.
2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both? I love love love dishcloths. I give as gifts, and use them always!
3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? It depends on who it is for. For my kitchen, I prefer Cotton Classic, for the bathroom, I like Sugar and Cream or Cottontots.
4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? I use all of them depending on the yarn I am using.
5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? Favorite colors are burgandy and royal blue. Least favorite would be anything Neon.
6. What do you like best about Autumn? The cooler weather. It's been very hot this summer in Tennessee.
7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! Pumpkin for sure!
8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? Always a school kid....loved it!
9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap). Halloween--used to, until 9 years ago when we moved into a new house. There are no kids in the neighborhood, so don't do anything anymore :(
10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose? Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!
11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;) All of the above! 1 black cocker spaniel (who is really spoiled); 1 son 26, 1 daughter 23 and one GRANDCHILD on the way! Of course my hubby of 29 years!
12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? Hmm....that's a hard one! I would have no idea...I'm a gemini for sure so I'm sure a yarn that doesn't know what it is!
13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? Both and love'em.
14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) Thanksgiving....I love the whole having family over, cooking, baking, etc!
15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? Dust? LOL
Conestoga Trendsetters ROCK......
4 months ago