Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pie birds and sweater



My Super Sox Box Swap partner has asked about my pie bird collection, so the above pictures are what I have collected so far. I have collected pie birds for several years and love them all. In case you are wondering a pie bird is a ceramic figure or funnel that is inserted into a crusted pie to keep the crust from sinking and also to release the steam. I have a couple of them that I use but most are for my "dust collection"! LOL



I finished the sweater back last night and have started on the front. It is coming out very pretty and I love the yarn. I just hope 3 days of knitting left will be enough to finish the sweater. I really want to wear it while on vacation next week in Seattle. So, I'm going back to knitting, knitting, knitting! Wish me luck.

Happy knitting

No comments: