Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vacations are wonderful things!


Being on vacation last week, I managed to finish quite a few things. It's really nice to sit at the lake for 4 days and just knit or crochet. Here is a blanket I finished for Austin. Just using the 12" pinwheel square, adding a border and decorative edge. The white square in white border is the glow in the dark yarn.





My very first doily using #10 crochet thread. The doily is 17" across. I've never been interested in thread work before, but I had received a couple of doilies in a few swaps and thought I would give it a go. I love it! For my first time using thread, I think it came out great.















A couple of sets I did also. These were for some swaps I needed to complete. Ignore the date on the Xmas ones....couldn't figure out how to change dates after replacing the battery.


A stocking for a stocking swap on ravelry. This was an interesting one for me as you do the cuff with a provisional cast-on, knit the cabling, and then 3-needle bind off the cuff together. Then you pick up the stitches on one side and start the leg of the stocking. there are of course little stuffers inside and since my partner is a newbie knitter, I did a total notions package for her.















This is the cottage behind my house that my daughter lives in. The picture before and after starting the work on the cottage. So far, we have had a brand new roof put on, started the painting of the cottage, and put in a new kitchen window. There is still more to do, and we are hoping to have the cottage finished on painting over this week. Then there are 5 windows to replace, a new heating system and 1/2 of the back wall has to be replaced. Why are we painting first? Well, to make it look better and then after we have done some of the work, we will touch up what we did. Made since to hubby...not to me! LOL


Finished a pair of socks for hubby. And yes, I have started on a new pair for him. Always have to have a pair going.



















Also finished all of these squares for different comfortghans. It was a very busy week, but dang I got a lot done and it's amazing how much better I feel just being away from work for a week.

And of course the updated picture of Austin....he is way to cute. And NO CeeCee did NOT knit the hat. LOL


Happy Knitting ALL

3 comments:

sissie said...

glad you enjoyed your vacation:)

love the cottage and you can tell the roof is new:) can't wait to see it all finished:)

you did an awesome job on your first doily!! something to be proud of!!

oh squares, squares everywhere and so pretty:)

he sure is growing and getting so cute:)

Hugs,
sissie

Lovs2Knit said...

You've been busy too. All your projects look great and Austin is cuter then ever. :)

MaryMGlynn said...

I love the doily. I was thinking about trying my first knit one real soon. Maybe after Christmas. Right now I am going to be working on stockings..Lots of hugs. I miss seeing you around.