Friday, June 20, 2008

Boycotting M&Ms - Ok, it's a soapbox - ignore if you want!

I'm not a Nascar fanatic, but I do watch the races -- All 3 of them. :) There's just something about the cars/trucks going in circles...nevermind I have time to knit also. So it's relaxing to me. Anyways, my soapbox.....I'm boycotting M&Ms brands of candies. Yep, that's right, no M&Ms, no plain M&Ms, no peanut M&Ms....#18 driver is a danger. If you like him, that's fine, keep it to yourself. This is my soapbox today! :) He's going to get someone hurt very bad one day and if his team owner doesn't care or can't control him, then I'm going to do my "small" part and just not buy anything pertaining to his main sponsor. So....M&Ms...maybe you won't miss me as a purchaser of your candies, but I'm doing my part by saying that driver is dangerous and either wake up and say something or don't, but not a single M&M is passing my lips while he's a driver.

Have a great weekend everyone and I'll be knitting while I'm watching the truck race tonight and I'll be applauding for Hornaday to take a certain driver out, not hurt him, just take his truck out!

4 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

lol...I don't think it will help but I admire your restraint. I see that Kyle Busch is makin' trouble again...not the first and won't be the last. If I remember correctly him and his brother caused problems last year. I watch the races from time to time. I always keep up with what Kevin Harvick is doing. :)

JL said...

Well he might very well be a mence but he gets lots of attention. Nascar just doesn't sanction the big money guys much. They never did anything about Earnhardt Sr. and he was much worse than Kyle.

Anonymous said...

Luv your spirit. Good going. I nearly lost a job once for refusing to hang up coats with wolf fur collars. May not seem like much to others, but helps to believe in something and be able to show that you mean it.

~ Rhonda ~ said...

LOL! I loooooooove the good ole days when Ken Schrader was driving the M&Ms car - *sigh*