Friday, January 22, 2010

And then there was another post!

Oh Boy, did it ever rain the other day!








I did knit a sweater for me last week. I still need to wash and block it, but it came out nice and it fits! The yarn was Berroco's Air which they don't make anymore. It's a very chunky style yarn and since I made another sweater out of it and washed that one in the washer, it felted! So now I know this is hand-wash only. Live and knit I say!


And ever heard of "knitting elbow"? Same thing as tennis elbow but caused by too much knitting. Yup, dang arm is hurting really bad, so I'm on a knitting break for a little bit. Don't know how much I will listen to the doctor and for how long, so right now I am sewing.....






Since I am learning to quilt, this is 2 tops that will be quilted and donated to the children's hospital here in Memphis. I belong to the local quilt quild and we do alot of quilts and donate them to different organizations. One of them is the children's hospital so when the child is admitted, he/she receives a quilt (at the nurses discretion) to use while in the hospital and then take home with them.


We got Austin a bike and helmet for Christmas and this was taken on the first nice day he could go out. Still doesn't understand the concept of "pedaling", but he's slowly getting there. We do alot more of teaching this in the house. Happy knitting all! :)

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

My mom said they've been getting a lot of rain in Southern California. Looks like we'll be getting snow again here in Montana.

Love the quilt tops. I haven't working on any big sewing projects in what feels like forever.

Austin is growing up so fast!